Operation Noah’s vision is informed by the science of climate change, motivated by faith to care for creation and driven by the hope that our society can be transformed and enriched through radical change in lifestyles and patterns of consumption.
Ai’s role: Strategic consulting, public advocacy, membership mobilisation, fund-raising, online, print and broadcast communications
- The re-branding of Operation Noah
- Research for and development of, a bolder vision and goal
- The mobilisation of many leading figures within Britain’s faith communities behind the campaign; and more than 1,000 people to an ON event at Southwark Cathedral in advance of the Copenhagen Summit in 2009.
- Oversight of the day-to-day management of the campaign
- The design and build of a Drupal website
“Operation Noah brings together a rainbow coalition drawn from across the faith spectrum.They combine a rigorous respect for the scientific facts of the case together with campaigning passion. If we want to be part of the solution of the problem of Climate Change, Operation Noah is a good ship to enlist on.”
Advocacy International was approached by the board of a small UK church-based climate change campaign, to help lift its profile first amongst Christian communities within Britain, but also more widely. We undertook research into the science of climate change, produced reports and developed a campaign strategy, including the ‘Ark Campaign’ of 2009 which called on supporters to “Cap the Power, Cut the Carbon”, Our work with Operation Noah is ongoing and can be viewed here: www.operationnoah.org